Saturday, November 17, 2007

So I've been tagged...

I've been tagged by a few friends, which means I'm supposed to tell you six things about myself that you might not already know...

1- I have a major sweet tooth, actually sweet teeth, 'cause I think my mouth is full of them. I love just about anything that is sweet. I believe it is hereditary, but I think that's just my way of blaming my four root canals on other people (yes, four). Ever since I was young I think I've had a candy sensor and always knew where I could find candy. My mom could never find a good enough hiding spot, and I think she gave up trying. And well my grandma, besides the open candy dishes throughout her house, her secret stash was never really secret.

2- When I was younger leaving home for long or short periods of time for that matter was never really appealing to me. At twelve years old I went to a basketball camp in Utah for a week and could hardly even handle it I got so homesick. When we moved to Colorado we decided we wanted to be near at least one grandma and grandpa and since California is too expensive we decided to move back to Idaho. Good thing my California husband doesn't mind the cold, 'cause that could have been a problem. I guess you could say once a home body always a home body. I do admit however, that if Colorado was little closer to home it would be tempting to live there.

3- I am not a huge fan of speaking. Large groups or small, I'd rather not, thanks anyway. In college, we were required to do lots of presentations. I got out of the actual presentation by offering to put together the entire slide show for the non-speaking part of the presentation. I am slowly overcoming this fear by teaching the young women in our ward every now and again, which I'll admit can actually be kind of fun.

4- Some namesake facts: As if it isn't obvious I have indian blood running through me :) That would be because Pocahontas, yes the Pocahontas around the river bend is my 15th great grandma. Also, I apparently didn't know what my middle name was until I was 8 years old. On my 8th birthday I got a set of scriptures with my name engraved on them. As I examined the cover I read aloud, "Kacie "Camel" Holman?" Instead of Camille.

5- I am somewhat of a clean freak. I can't stand my house being messy. I even try to avoid buying Cooper toys that have lots of small pieces that could end up strewn around the house. I like things to be in their proper places. Jake sums it up when he says I, "run a tight ship". Good thing I have him well trained.

6- Since the holidays are close I'll admit I love almost any holiday. Valentines, Easter, St. Patty's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas they're great. Holidays are just something to look forward to, to decorate for, and a good reason to celebrate. I like to carry on traditions, and have even had family members call me the Christmas Queen. (As long as Queen is in the title I really don't mind.)

Well, there are six facts about me, that you may or may not have already known. Oh, and tag you're it to all of you on my friends and family list who haven't been tagged.

6 comments:

Chantri said...

I think we might be related. I have the same sweet tooth! Although I haven’t had a root canal yet, but I’m sure that’s due to the fact that I haven’t been to the dentist in a while. After having Boston I can sure feel a change in my teeth and think its time to go! I’m scared though. I hate little toys too…find them everywhere. I usually chuck the ones that I don’t want to see around anymore! That is hilarious about your middle name!

Barb said...

It's tempting to stay in Colorado because it is so pretty here and the sun shines almost every day! But yes, family not being close is a huge downfall.

Lisa said...

I love your six things. That sweet tooth thing will get you every time. I just had my second root canal. You are such a funny writer, it's fun to read your blog.

Karen said...

Kacie,

How do you get such cute back grounds?

Unknown said...

Hi Kacie - It's fun to see your cute family. Congratulation on the upcoming baby!
I also wanted to pass this on
Hey Fellow Bobcats!
Even though the ten year reunion is still a couple years off, we are going to start collecting contact information now, so that maybe by the time the reunion rolls around we will be in contact with most members of our class... So here is what YOU need to do:
1- Reply to this address - MHSclass2000@gmail.com - please send your current mailing address and the email address that you use most reliably. Your email will be saved in the contacts list so that we can send information about the next reunion.
2- Forward this email to anyone from the MHS class of 2000 that you are in contact with.
Hopefully we can network and get lots of people in the address book. We are depending on YOU to help out with this so that we can be in contact with everyone and have a great reunion!

Hope to hear from you soon!
Elaine Lovell Lake

Harper said...

Hey Fellow Bobcats!
Even though the ten year reunion is still a couple years off, we are going to start collecting contact information now, so that maybe by the time the reunion rolls around we will be in contact with most members of our class... So here is what YOU need to do:
1- Reply to this address - MHSclass2000@gmail.com - please send your current mailing address and the email address that you use most reliably. Your email will be saved in the contacts list so that we can send information about the next reunion.
2- Forward this email to anyone from the MHS class of 2000 that you are in contact with.
Hopefully we can network and get lots of people in the address book. We are depending on YOU to help out with this so that we can be in contact with everyone and have a great reunion!

Hope to hear from you soon!
Elaine Lovell Lake