Thursday, September 25, 2008

He's my comic relief and he doesn't even know it!

Yes, my son makes me laugh and amazes me each day with the things he says and does. Here are a few recent examples:

**We are in Walmart and Coops and his cousin are in the cart. We decide to check out the Halloween costumes. I spot the presidential nominee masks and start thinking it would be funny to dress the two of them up as McCain and Obama in little suits and masks for Halloween...okay maybe not that funny. But, I was looking at them when Coop says, "It's John McCain and Barack Obama." I paused for a second, looked at him, then said, "yep you're right." Either the news is on a lot at our house, or he really enjoyed the campaign speeches.

**This morning I woke up with some very crazy hair. Rough night...yes. He sees it then says, "You have Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on your head." Sad thing is, I did kind of look like Mickey. **Also, grounds for congratulations is he picked out his first outfit all on his own. He said it was what he wanted to wear, and I said it was fine as long as he knew he would have to change if we went anywhere. He ended up going to the grocery store with Jake in the below pictured "perfectly plaid" outfit.

I LOVE YOU BUD!!!!



14 comments:

Barb said...

Ha Ha. Cute!

Sharon Beesley said...

love the Barack/McCain idea for owen and oscar. and i love that plaid outfit. Plaid is so in syle this season. Cooper knows what's up.

Harper said...

That is the best! I laughed at the Barack / McCain comment!

Trish Duffin said...

Ha ha! That is one cute little guy! I'm sure that is only a drop in the bucket! I hope you guys are doing great!

Love ya!

Karen said...

Oh that Coops. He's smarter than he lets on :)

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

Hey Kacie. Your little boy is so cute. Those stories are hilarious. My email is kerijshoe@hotmail.com
Let me know when you guys are moving. I hope it is somewhat close to us. I'm excited you ugys are coming.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! I miss you guys like crazy!

Anonymous said...

So, Paul asked me the other day if you guys were moved for good and I didn't know! I know Jake said you guys were gonna be back and forth for a while, but now that your house sold are you guys outta here? Have you moved into your new house yet? Also, do you guys know what you're doing for Thanksgiving? If you guys are headed up this way, Evan and Brigitte are coming to our house for the holiday and we'd love to catch up with you over that break and all do something. Just let us know if you're gonna be in town.

Lisa said...

I love the plaid! I don't want my kids to grow up. I'm going to miss the spontaneous comic relief.

Kunz fam said...

How cute! I love the Mickey Mouse comment lol...I guess you figured out how to make Mickey a different way than I ever did;)

Sarah said...

Well, our blog was accidentally deleted and we're trying to spread the word that we have a new address. If you run across anyone that doesn't have it, please let them know! Thanks! www.fairbanksfamilypod.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Kacie, I was wondering if you could do me a favor. Barbara Scoresby has a brother named Evan who I had a blog invite from. Now since our new blog I can't get on and was wondering if she could post to him and ask him to send us another invite at ps.fairbanks@gmail.com. Let me know. Thanks!

The Sullengers said...

I love the things kids say - they are hilarious! What a cute kid!

Anonymous said...

so funny!