Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cartwright Family Update

We are all doing great, and are adjusting well to having two little boys in our home. Conner is doing well; he was a little jaundice and we had to use a bili blanket, but other than that he eats well, and sleeps pretty good, and is a pretty happy baby. Cooper has adjusted surprisingly well and is a sweet big brother. He rushes to Conner's side whenever he cries and puts his hands on him and rubs his head. He only gets a little jealous when Jake holds Conner, but I'm just glad he isn't jealous when I hold him.
Here are a few more pictures of our new little one, proud daddy, and lovable big brother. Thanks for all your well wishes.



SEARCH FOR BED RAILS...
After looking at lots of different safety rails, I found ones that I really liked, and thought I'd pass my findings on to those of you with kids getting ready to transition to a twin bed. These bed rails are so cool. They slide in between the box spring and the matress and are hidden until you need them and then they pop right up. I like them because they don't take over the bed and it makes making the bed easy. The brand is Regalo and I was only able to find the set of two on Target.com.
I have also been meaning to post the extent of my craftiness. I have had fun with Cooper's room; I made curtain tiebacks, covered a lampshade, covered the pillow (mom helped), and painted a big tin star.



12 comments:

Chantri said...

Owe! Conner is so cute! I am glad everything is going well and you all have adjusted well. It's funny how easy it really is even though your whole life changes!

I wish so bad that I hadn't gotten rails for Logan already at Toys R Us. I want them...if only for the looks!

thedeanfamily said...

Thanks for posting more pics, I can't get enough! He totally looks like Jake I must say...I can't wait to meet him, I am sure I'll be his favorite auntie! Give Coops a big hug for me!

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys!!!

The Hagedorns said...

Kacie, Congratulations! He is so adorable. I am glad things are going well for you. I must say I was a little crazy at first, but you get the hang of two pretty quickly.

Good job on the craftiness. It is really cute and I am very impressed.

Barb said...

Way cute crafts, Kacie!! Cut fam too! :-)

Anonymous said...

Conner is as cute as they come!

Harper said...

Adorable rooms and family, Kacie! :)

Meg said...

Congrats on baby boy #2! Conner is such a cute name and his face is even cuter! I hope you are doing well.. it sounds like it. Are you going to be in Rexburg anytime soon?

Meg said...

Oh and I would love to keep reading your blog :-)

mmporter@portersonline.com

Annalee Taylor said...

I love that bed rail thingy...very clever! Your new babe is a doll, he looks just like the other two guys! I would say you are out numbered!

The Dunns said...

Kacie-

Hey looks like things are going well for you and your darling little fam. I love it that Cooper get jealous when Jake holds the baby and not when you do. Hallie has really become attached to her dad too since the birth of Savannah. It is crazy how fast life changes. Having two it kind of wild at times; but it is so fun too! We sure miss you guys and hope to see you in a few weeks when I am down for Treag's Farewell.
Take Care- Love- Carly

Lisa said...

Super, super cute. What cute boys you have. Thanks for the rail tip too. That is so cool!