Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our big news this month...

I guess it's time for my monthly post; I know I need to be a better blogger, but the summer seems to just get busier and busier. We have some big news of the month...we are moving! Holy cow, I can't believe it. Jake was offered a promotion last week, and we accepted it. We will be moving to the Boise area around the end of next month. It was a hard decision, and I can't believe people everyday have to make that decision, but I think we've made the right one. I knew we would not live in our home for very long, but I didn't think it would only be for two years. I'm so proud of Jake. He works really hard and has been progressing with Geico quickly over the last couple years. We had to take the offer because it's the only position in Idaho, a good pay increase, and who knows where we'd end up if we didn't. So, we'll take Boise with family close by and a 4 hour drive home over someplace hotter and farther away like Arizona or Nevada (other states in Jake's work region). We are excited and nervous to move and are looking forward to a new adventure, but will miss family, friends, and this area we've lived in. Look out Boise, here we come!


Here are the latest pictures of my favorite lil' guys

15 comments:

Unknown said...

We really might have to move to Boise then someday. I miss you guys so much and was just telling JOn the other day how I wish we were closer to you guys. I think Jon would LOVE Jake. His best friend lives in Boise and we were just saying how we wouldn't mind living there. One can hope...I guess. Good luck with the move! Maybe we'll come visit.
Huge Congrats to Jake. Way to go!

Chantri said...

Congrats on the promotion! It's sad that you are moving so far away...but then again we are only 15 minutes away and we hardly see eachother! I think that is so crazy! Good luck with everything. I think you'll love Boise.
Your boys are getting so big and are super adorable! I agree...you need to be a better blogger!!! :)

Karen said...

okay, Lots of play dates before you leave! Tell Jake we're proud of him (more than I am mad at him for taking you to Boise:)

Barb said...

Congratulations!! That is great!!! Boise isn't that far... and I agree way better than someplace hotter!

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

Congrats. Your kids are so cute. We are moving to Boise area too. Zach is getting his masters this fall. We're going to have to get together for sure.

thedeanfamily said...

I can't believe you're moving so soon either! I am excited for you guys though and I am sure you will enjoy it! It will be weird going home though and not being able to go to your house!!! Give the boys some xo's keep me updated!

The Hagedorns said...

Kac, I am excited for you guys! Good choice staying in Idaho away from the heat. It is so dang hot here in Arizona and it is far away from family. Good work, Jake! You've come a long way since BYU-I Marketing Class!

Your little ones are so cute! Keep us posted and good luck with everything!

Myklind said...

Thats exciting! We lived in Boise before we moved to Florida and we loved it. I think it is probably where we will end up after Tyler is done with school. Goodluck with the move. Your boys are so cute.

Natalie said...

That is so exciting. Congratulations Jake! I love the Boise area and am sure we will be there eventually. I want to come see you before you take off since I think I only live like 2 blocks away from you (Pioneer Park). Call me 339-5326!

The Sullengers said...

Congrats - that is exciting - it is always exciting to move even though it sucks to be away from family! But Boise is close!

Meg said...

BOISE! Back in Idaho, YIPEE! Congrats that is so exciting.... it's tuff to move but so fun to take on the adventure!

Kendra , Eric, Parker, Kinzley Larsen said...

Kacie---
I can't believe your leaving me!!!What will I do in sunday school!!! and no more b-ball... WOW!!! I am so happy for u guys... we will miss you tons!!!
Kendra
P.S.
I just started bloging..
So it will be a good way to keep track of you!!

Anonymous said...

I love Boise area. They have tons of parks and a trail that goes about 25 miles on both sides of the river. The downtown is always sponsoring free events that are fun. There's a zoo and lots of fun things for kids. The church is strong there with a temple. You're right, it could be a lot worse.

The Dunns said...

kacie-

That is crazy you are moving! I love the Boise area though and you will be close to Tyler right. I hope you come home whenever we are there so we can get together. So are you going to be in Rexburg for the Labor Day Weekend? We are going to be there a week from tomorrow until Mon Sept. 1st. You guys are invited to Britt and Chad's reception in our backyard on Sat. the 30th @ 6:30-9 pm. Lisa and I want to see you so please come!!! You have very hansome little boys too I must say!
love-
Carly

Lisa said...

Michelle and Kurt are in Boise and they love it. Good luck with everything! Congratulations!